Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of the MCADD Moms out there a very happy day!  Being a Mom is a tough job and I'd argue that it's just a little bit tougher for the Moms of children with metabolic disorders.  There's just a little more worry, a little more hovering, a bit more meal planning, quite a bit more medical appointments, all combined with lots of interrupted sleep.  That said, there's just as much love and, for me at least, a whole lot more gratitude.  Here's a peak at how we celebrated Mother's Day with our two wonderful boys!

We decided to go hiking as our big Mother's Day activity.  It's one of our favorite pastimes. 

Here is LB, our navigator, showing us which direction we should hike.

I might add that he got into a small disagreement with the other navigator (his shadow) on this topic.
 

We stopped and ate snacks. We poked sticks in the dirt. We pondered pinecones and (to Mom's horror), stuck our hands into a snake burrow (yikes!).  We picked up lots of rocks and thankfully none were swallowed.
 
And these two little boys were certainly the cutest ones on the trail.

Happy Mother's Day to me!  They've definitely made me earn the title, but I sure do love these little guys.  They make me oh so very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment