Saturday, September 14, 2013

Business Travels

I used to love traveling for work, but now I almost dread it.  I really hate being away from my boys and coming home has turned into my absolute favorite part of a business trip -- I love unpacking my suitcase and turning around to find my two favorite little boys stowed away in it.
 
 
It was a nice trip -- flew out on Monday, flew home on Friday and logged a few hundred miles on a rental car between two states in between.  I arrived home just in time to snuggle my boys and tuck them into bed, ready to start the weekend. 
 
I managed to miss a pretty spectacular week here in Colorado with all the rain and flooding.  We are soggy, but not flooded.  It's ironic how we have been praying for rain to end the drought (which was causing all these really devastating wildfires for the last two years and sidling us with watering restrictions and enormous water bills despite our efforts at conservation) and Mother Nature thought it would be nice to pay up in  three days time with enough rain to last a whole season.   Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment