Friday, August 30, 2013

A Reminder in Kindness

 
2013-08-23-SuzannePerryman.jpg


I found this blog both infuriating and touching at the same time.  I am infuriated that this mother had to deal with such ignorance.  Not all medical conditions are visible from the outside, but that doesn't make them any less real.  It certainly doesn't make this mother's life any less challenging.  I'm also touched by her response to the note of someone so ignorant: 

I am a kinder woman who lives in a world that is no longer black and white. Sometimes gray is good, a salvation, a retreat from something that could be much worse. My priorities were reshuffled for me, and now I would never think to judge another.

I am always in motion and I am grateful. Grateful for the touch of my child who needs my hands to steady her, grateful for my child who craves my words to calm her, my child who needs my hugs to soothe her. I am even grateful, that I no longer live in your black-and-white world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/suzanne-perryman-/to-the-author-of-the-anonymous-note-left-on-my-car-window_b_3806012.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

I urge everyone to be a human being, not a vigilante parking cop.  You have no idea what other people go through until you walk a mile in their shoes.  Being the parent of a child with a medical condition is challenging enough.  Don't hurt their feelings on top of everything they already deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment