Saturday, August 17, 2013

Seventeen Months


I’m a little embarrassed to admit this, but I somehow managed to forget to take my MCADD kid in for his 15 month check-up.  Oops!!  I realized this as I was gearing up to make his 18 month appointments with both the pediatrician and the metabolic clinic.  I knew that metabolics wanted him back at 18 months.  I missed that the pediatrician needed to see him at 15 AND 18 months.  I blame the sleep deprivation…or the concussion I got at the end of May (long story).  In any event, the scheduler at the pediatrician’s office was very nice about the whole thing and volunteered that a lot of parents forget about the 15 month appointment.  It only made me feel slightly better, but whatever.  The important thing is that we got him in for his check-up and immunizations and he’ll be right back on track with the pediatrician next month for his 18 month check-up, which is already scheduled!
At seventeen months, LB weighed in at 22 lbs, 4 oz (29th percentile) and 32 1/4 inches tall (54th percentile).  He’s always been our little guy, even though I guess 29th and 54th percentile isn’t that little, but when we were used to our older son never being lower than 90th percentile on anything, LB is a bit of an adjustment.  We’re definitely seeing this in the hand-me-down clothes, too.  A lot of them are falling right off LB.
One thing of note at his checkup was that the doctor noticed a Still’s murmur with his heart.  He described it as an innocent murmur and insisted that it is nothing to be concerned about.  Lots of children have them.  It is often easier to hear on thinner children and LB was being really cooperative as they listened to his heart, so they said it’s possible that he’s always had it and this is just the first time they’ve heard it.  It’s good to note in his medical record at a time when he’s healthy because if it is heard in the future at a time when he’s sick, they’ll know that it’s a pre-existing thing.  He will outgrow it in time.

Developmentally, he's doing great - walking, talking, climbing, you name it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment